Lipotropic Boost Program
What is The Lipotropic Boost Program?
This program includes MIC-Boost weekly injection, regular exercise and a low carbohydrate, small portion diet to promote weight loss. These injections are recommended to be used on a weekly basis for three months and then can be taken monthly to help encourage weight loss along with a healthy diet.
What Is Lipotropic M.I.C. Boost?
Methionine Inositol Choline (MIC), Vitamin B12, Chromium Injections, also referred to as Lipotropic Injections, are used to help release fat throughout the body by specifically targeting its primary fatty deposits. Each of the ingredients has a long track record of safety. By combining the ingredients in this proportional manner, you receive a synergy of the benefits of each.
What Are The Ingredients and What Does Each Do?
Methionine – Methionine is one of nine essential amino acids in humans (provided by food), Methionine is required for growth and tissue repair. A sulphur-containing amino acid, methionine improves the tone and pliability of skin, hair, and strengthens nails. Involved in many detoxifying processes, sulphur provided by methionine protects cells from pollutants, slows cell aging, and is essential for absorption and bio-availability of selenium and zinc. It acts as a lipotropic agent and prevents excess fat buildup in the liver.
Inositol – is part of the vitamin B complex. As a mild lipotropic agent, it aids in the redistribution of body fat by breaking down or emulsifying fats in the body. Inositol influences the insulin response and several hormones associated with mood and cognition. Inositol also has antioxidant properties that fight the damaging effects of free radicals in the brain, circulatory system, and other body tissues. It has also been said to have a calming effect on the nervous system, and is being studied as a possible treatment for depression, panic attacks, and even Alzheimer’s disease.
Choline – is a macronutrient that supports brain and liver function. It aids the utilization of fats in the body. Choline assists in the emulsifying of fats and cholesterol in the body. It also helps with general body detoxification by “decongestion” the liver of excess fats. Choline is also helpful for fatigue because when choline is depleted in the body, fat metabolism and utilization may be decreased. Choline is currently being studied as a natural treatment for NASH (Non Alcoholic Steatohepatitis) and Fatty Liver.
Boost Injections Added:
Vitamin B 12 (m) – The B12 vitamin injections are important to keep the brain and nervous system
functioning normally and for the formation of red blood cells. By synthesizing and regulating DNA,
B12 is involved in cellular metabolism and may boost your metabolism. It also plays a vital role in
fatty acid synthesis and energy production.
Chromium- a mineral that converts fat into usable energy. Chromium is known to enhance the
action of insulin, a hormone critical to the metabolism and storage of carbohydrate, fat, and
protein in the body. Chromium also appears to be directly involved in carbohydrate, fat, and
Are There Any Side Effects?
• The Lipotropic Injection is a natural and safe injection and generally has little to no side effects.
• On occasion, some bruising, redness and swelling at the injection site may occur. This should get better within forty-eight (48) hours.
• In rare cases, nutrients in the shot can cause diarrhea, peripheral vascular thrombosis, itching, transitory exanthema, urticaria (hives), feelings of swelling of the whole body.
• Sensitivity to cobalt and/or cobalamin is a contraindication.
• People with chronic liver and/or kidney dysfunction should not take frequent Lipotropic shots.
• The shot contains B12 and B12 is contraindicated in Leber’s disease, a hereditary optic nerve atrophic condition.
How Often Should I Get an Injection and For How Long Should I Continue Them?
Lipotropic M.I.C. is by prescription only and are given weekly determined by the NP/Medical Director. The injection is given intramuscularly in the arm, thigh or buttocks. Most authorities recommend a 3 month course of injections for optimal results. It is safe to continue the injections as long as benefits continue.
What Is The Cost of The Program and What Is Included?
• An initial medical intake assessment by RPN/RN and Medical Director.
• Weekly injections for 3 months (12 weeks/ injections).
• Healthy Food plan.
• Ongoing monitoring throughout the program and reassessment at the end of the program.